A short thing I made in my animation class! This was made using Adobe Flash CS6 in…5-6 hours? Animation is a lot of work, and I’m not that familiar with Flash… I think it turned out pretty well.
In the spirit of the season, it’s Halloween-themed.
A frame cut from “Vega and Altair”.
What was meant to happen was that this crowd was to appear, and behind the crowd, the other half of the lovers pair would be running past, and they would just barely miss each other in that iteration.
But, putting the video together, I felt this frame was out of place, so I didn’t include it.
A couple of frames from my video. “Vega and Altair”.
Vega and Altair (2013)
Synopsis: An adaption of the Japanese legend, Tanabata. Two lovers, separated by time, space, and the heavenly river, chase each other all over the Earth and beyond to meet again.
Base Concept: Framing Space
My first studio project of the semester! A short thing I pumped out in three (four?) weeks.The original idea was also to make it a reincarnation romance to further emphasise how this is a romance that transcended both time and space…but I only got to animate one iteration.
Even though it uses the designs of two previously-established characters of mine, Aimee Altear and Vega Grethe, I consider these two separate characters. One of the main reasons being it was going to be them, but the reincarnation thing played heavily into it and it’s not really the same story without it. Their story is also pretty long, and I don’t know how I could compress all their history into a short period of time.
Another animation test. This time, using tweening instead of painstakingly drawing all the frames.
Maybe it needs a couple more frames? And the movement of the jacket collar doesn’t look right…
I don’t know how to animate hair.
Sometimes, I want to draw cute OCs with their cute friendships and their cute gender flipped selves.
You know that thing where people say, “Reblog this and I’ll draw you ____”? Well, I never got anything from 99% of them, so I made my own.
Prompt: Draw a personification of your blog and your fandoms.
- Kingdom Hearts: Hair Clip
- Attack on Titan: Belts
- Dangan Ronpa: Hair Clip
- Supernatural: Wings
- Sherlock: Scarf
- Doctor Who: Hat
- Bastion: Skirt emblem
- Motorcity: Shoulder emblem
- Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure: Shoulder emblem
- Team Fortress 2: Skirt emblem
- Pokemon: Skirt emblem
- RWBY: Skirt emblem
- Professor Layton: Skirt Emblem
- Touhou Project: Skirt emblem
- Homestuck: Skirt emblem, Horns
- OFF: Arm bands
- Persona 4: Glasses
I was going to add Welcome to Night Vale by incorporating it into the background, but I couldn’t think of creepy demon designs…
I’ve done it…I’ve done it! I animated someone running! And it looks pretty fluent!
It’s just a test for my uni project. I need to animate the clothes now…
List of Classes
- Freelancer: Default starter class. Able to learn low level magic and wield a lot of basic weapons.
- Fighter: Standard physical class, uses mostly swords.
- Tactician: Physical class with an emphasis on strategy and support. Learns status buffs, debuffs, and highly accurate moves.
- Knight: A physical class with emphasis on defense.
- Paladin: High defense, above average attack, and holy magic. (3 Subclasses)
- Monk: Agile, emphasis on close and short range combat. (2 Subclasses)
- Samurai: Katanas, accurate, decisive moves, and light armour. (sarashi + cloth)
- Rogue (4 Subclasses, 1 Specialty)
- Gambler: Strange class. Fancy clothes, dice, card, and roulette-themed weapons, and attacks based on luck and/or money.
- Dancer: Strange class. Disguises powerful moves with graceful and confusing dance steps.
- Bard: Strange class. Uses instruments and their voices to cause damage and cast spells.
- Ranger (4 Subclasses)
- Mage (4 Subclasses)
- Summoner (4 Subclasses)
- Psionic: Unusual class. Relies entirely on mental prowess and creativity to be effective.
- Puppeteer: Indirectly fights by controlling inanimate objects.
- Elementalist: Manipulation of a specific element. More of a blood trait than an official class.
- Machinist: Specialises in heavy artillery and large guns, including turrets.
- Alchemist: Specialises in item creation, and transmutation.
- Medic: A physical-based healer. Weapons are typically weak, but have status-inducing or debuffing effects.
- Black Knight: Similar to paladin, but specialises in black magic. Frowned upon, and banned from use in tournaments.
- Black Belt
- Ninja (Assassin Specialty)
- Archer: Specialises in crossbows and longbows. Unusual cases can also use short swords.
- Sniper: Specialises in accurate, long range firing.
- Gunslinger: Specialises in gun kata and quick firing with pistols and other handguns.
- Beastmaster: Specialises in commanding wild animals.
- Devout: Specialises in spells that heal, protect, buff, and debuff.
- Magus: Specialises in offensive magic.
- Sage: Mixed specialty.
- Druid: Specialises in transformation magic.
- Megami: Summons are aspects of the user’s psyche, manifested as mythological figures. Can wield multiple summons, but each one could be variable in defense, power, and skills.
- Evoker: Summon is the manifested fighting spirit of the user, and its unique ability is reflective of the user’s heart. The summon is also self-preserving, and will stop fatal blows from reaching the user. They tend to show personality, but follow the orders of their user without question.
- Theurgist: Summons are those who have agreed to serve the user, or those whose users play host to the summon.
- Necromancer: Summons are only undead, animated with black magic. The class is frowned upon, and banned from use in tournaments, schools, guilds, etc.
- Combat Medic (Medic/Devout/Cleric + Machinist)
- Grieve Mage (Black Belt + Mage)
- Arcane Knight (Knight + Mage/Summoner/Psionic)
- Warlord (Fighter/Knight + Tactician)
- Dance Battler (Bard/Dancer + Black Belt)
- Archmage (Psionic + Summoner + Mage + Alchemist)
- Scholar (Alchemist + Mage)
- Heavy Weapons Specialist (Machinist + Black Belt)
- Composer (Psionic + Tactician + Dancer/Bard)
- Magitech (Machinist + Mage)
- Sorcerer (Mage + Beserker)
- Street Magician (Mage + Dancer/Bard)
Just a sketch of Emma in two outfits. I did when I was supposed to be working on other art-related stuff. Normally, that veil would also be part of her normal outfit.
Emma’s outfit is intended to be a mixture of both a Half-Mourning Dress and a Bridal Gown, mostly because I thought it was a very interesting dichotomy. One is easing out of a sad period in life, and the other is about to experience one of their happiest days.